Following the success of the first Wigan Diggers’ Festival on 10th September which over 300 people attended during the course of the day and was enjoyed by all, plans for a second Festival in 2012 are soon to get underway.
The first meeting of the volunteer 2012 Wigan Diggers’ Festival Committee will take place at Wigan’s Friends’ Meeting House, 76 Swinley Road at 7.30pm on Tuesday 25th October. See: http://www.quaker.org.uk/wigan/ for a map of the location of the venue.
The main task of the meeting will be to set about the organisation of next year’s proposed Festival on Saturday 8th September.
1. Introductions & election of a meeting Chair & Minute Secretary
2. Feedback from our first Diggers’ Festival including subsequent contact with ‘Wellingborough Diggers’.
3. Statement of Accounts (copies will be available at the meeting also on the Wigan Diggers’ Festival Facebook Page @ http://www.facebook.com/groups/diggersfestival/
4. Is there anything we did or got wrong?
5. Proposals and discussion on the format and location, etc, of next year’s festival.
6. Division of Labour until next meeting.
7. Do we need a formal Constitution?
9. Proposals for date of next meeting.
Since the general idea is the Committee should be open to anyone wanting to get involved, please feel free not only to come along yourself, but to invite members of your family, friends, neighbours and work colleagues who might also be interested to come along too. The more the merrier, and the better chance of our collectively staging a successful event.
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158551444239016
Video Footage from the first Wigan Diggers’ Festival.